How it can be used?
Information & Frequently Asked Questions
1) How to integrate it in a website and existing .php file?
If you downloaded netart-simplyhired-jobs.zip and extracted the files
in a sub folder /netart-simplyhired-jobs , it's enough to add such
line of php code:
in order to show the jobs by category or the following line:
in order to show the latest jobs.
You can also add them both on a single page
and change their positions in order to have for example
the jobs by category show up at the top and latest jobs below or
the jobs by category to show in the middle, while the latest
jobs in a right panel etc.
2) Changing the different settings like SimplyHired Publisher ID, preferred country,
number of results per page and others
To change these values, you need to edit the configuration file -
config.xml located in the /netart-simplyhired-jobs folder.
You may check the content of the sample config.xml file below -
The values you could modify in the configuration file are
-your SimplyHired publisher id, you could get one
by signing up as publisher on the simplyhired.com website
- the api domain, as provided by the simplyhired api when
registering as publisher
- the format of the date, in the way you prefer the date
should be displayed on the website (accepts any valid php date format string)
- the time zone of the website (acepts any valid php time zone)
- the number of jobs showing up in the latest jobs section
- the default category for the latest jobs section,
you can enter any word - the search will be performed by it or leave empty
3) How to define your own job categories?
You could do that by editing the categories.xml file
located in the /netart-simplyhired-jobs folder.
You may find below the content of the sample
products.xml file we are using in our demos:
To add more categories, you need to add more lines in the
categories.xml by keeping the same file format.